It’s late on a Friday night, my laundry is done and my pipe are (thus far) still thawed (finger crossed). I’m yoinking a survey from Salt over at Salty Mom. (Seems like this survey is getting around.)
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Yup, only Mum (thankfully) botched the spelling. In 1983 the miniseries The Thorn Birds (starring sexy Richard Chamberlain) was released on TV, and everyone had the hots for Richard, the oh-so-sexy Catholic priest Fr. Ralph de Bricassart, and his scandalous love interest, pretty red haired Meghann Cleary (played by Rachel Ward). Called simply “Meggie” in both miniseries and novel, Meghann Cleary was the catalyst for the name Megan (in all its variations) being so popular in 1983. My parents went for the short and easy version. I read the book when I was 16, after being scandalized that my parents named me after a woman who had an affair with a Catholic priest. Oh, and I hate the nickname “Meggie.”
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Monday. Bad counseling session.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Yes. It’s super-tiny and neat. Like type.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Someday, I hope.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I’m not sure. We all hope to be someone likeable, but I think I’d just drive myself crazy.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
I speak it fluently.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
I think it would hurt my back.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Crap, I love cereal. Wheaties, Total, Honey Bunches of Oats, Kix, Corn Pops, Rice Krispies, Life…I can’t pick.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
I don’t know. People tell me I am sometimes, but I have trouble believing anyone who cries so often is strong.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
This is worse than the cereal question.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Whether or not they are staring right at me.
15. RED OR PINK?
I’m going through a pink phase right now.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
Physically, my chin and my belly. The belly I can fix, the chin not so much. And I can’t stand that I overanalyze everything, and have difficulty letting things go.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
18. WHAT IS THE TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
Making a decision and sticking with it, without second-guessing myself.
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
None. I’m barefoot.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Fried dough. My mom makes mini ones on Friday nights when she doesn’t feel much like cooking, and because of the impending “blizzard” (hah) I was down visiting my parents.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Water barely dripping in the sink.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Lilacs, woodsmoke, L’Occitane Rose 4 Reines, cloves (the spice, not the cigarettes, because ew).
24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS TO YOU?
Pretty important. I’m not the type to go around picking fights with people about who should be president, but I’m pretty vocal about things like women’s rights and health care.
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
Mountain hideaway. With water near it.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Football, figure skating (yes, it counts)
27. HAIR COLOR?
28. EYE COLOR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
For special occasions, definitely not every day.
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Chicken of any kind, steak tips, potatoes.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
To Catch a Thief — old Alfred Hitchcock film starring Cary Grant and Grace Kelly.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Black ON tank top under a gray Salve Regina University sweatshirt.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Winter. I hate humidity.
35. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Vanilla bean creme brulee. Or creme brulee of any kind.
36. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
Cardio, I guess.
37. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
38. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
A World On Fire by Amanda Foreman, about English/American relations up to and during the American Civil War. It is REALLY good, and it is going to be a secondary source for my senior thesis, but it is loooooong.
39. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
I don’t have one at home. At work it’s Edvard Munch’s “The Scream.” I don’t know where it came from, I didn’t pick it.
40. FAVORITE SOUND?
“I love you.”
41. FAVORITE GENRE OF MUSIC?
42. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
Writing. So I’m told. And remembering useless historical facts.
44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
45. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
Not far from where I started.
46. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
47. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
48. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 48 QUESTIONS?
It was fun 🙂