1. What did you do in 2012 that you never did before?
Let’s stick with the positives, shall we? I got a 4.0 and nothing but A’s all year! That’s pretty fantastic. I also went to Mexico and took a cruise.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s Resolutions? Will you make more?
My only resolution last year was “love everyone, and be kind.” I don’t think that I achieved that (considering that I defriended and blocked a couple of people in the past year). My only goals for this year are to graduate and to keep my heart open.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My cousin Melinda, and my friend Liz. Both little girls, both named after flowers (Lily and Violet).
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My grandfather and my guinea pig Milo, two days apart.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have more of in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Clarity. Decisiveness. Love.
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched permanently in your memory and why?
*sigh* April 8 (when David told me he wanted to separate) and September 11 (when I told him I wanted a divorce).
December 29 (when I got my 4.0)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Going back to graduate school and kicking ass at it, even through all the hard times.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not making a decision regarding my marriage (re: separation and divorce) until both of us were so tired and hurt we couldn’t bear it anymore.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
In September I was diagnosed with irregular migraine syndrome, which sounds stupid but can be really debilitating. Other than that, it was a fairly healthy year.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A second car. That car might be David’s now, but it certainly took a lot of stress off of our one little car.
12. Where did most of your money go?
13. What did you get really excited about?
Wildfire, getting my grades, and spending the holidays with my friends.
14. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Probably “Drive By” and “50 Ways To Say Goodbye” by Train
15. Compared to this time last year are you happier or sadder? Richer or poorer? Thinner or fatter?
It’s definitely a bittersweet happiness, because last year I thought that my marriage was going to work out, but I was still so, so unhappy. So it’s hard to tell. I’m poorer than I was, but not by much. And I’m about the same, weight-wise.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Moving on and maybe falling in love again.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
18. How did you spend Christmas?
With my parents and grandparents. It was okay.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
Either The Tudors or Law and Order: SVU
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
I barely did any real “fun” reading because I was way too busy with school. But my favorite new book I discovered was Tatiana and Alexander
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
I’m embarrassed to say One Direction, Owl City, and “Call Me Maybe.” Anything that made me smile was good in my book. Oh, and Train. Loved Train this year.
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
The Hunger Games, Wreck It Ralph, Les Miserables.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 29. I went to work, then to see Crazy Bruce, and then to TGI Friday’s with D and some friends. It was okay.
24. What one thing would have made your year eminently more satisfactory?
One thing? I can’t pick.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Emerging? I started dressing to flatter and wearing makeup. I consider that a victory.
26. What kept you sane?
My friends Jess, Drea, Tina and Kim, and Crazy Bruce.
27. Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2012:
You can’t make anyone love you. If they won’t, best to move on and find someone who will.