This weekend right now promises to be not a fantastic one. My husband is gone for the weekend, so I’ll be home alone, trying to prepare for a storm that promises to be just as much of a suck-fest as last year was. By-the-by, if my class isn’t canceled on Tuesday, I’m going to be livid. The only good thing about a hurricane/snowstorm is canceled work or class. Period.
I have a massive to-do list this weekend that involves the following:
– Washing the metric ton of dishes in the sink (before and if we run out of hot water due to the storm)
– Stock up on supplies (i.e. toilet paper, bread, food that doesn’t require heating up).
– Charge everything (Kindle, laptop, etc.)
– Get cracking on at least part of my rough draft of my paper (due November 6th)
– Laundry, laundry, and more laundry
The situation isn’t as dire as it sounds. My parents live right next door to the town volunteer fire house, so they almost never lose power, and when they do, they are up and running usually within the day. Last Halloween, when 99% of CT lost power for days, we ended up at my parents’ house for showers and hot food while our power was out. NBD.
Plus I’ll be there on Sunday regardless to watch the football game and do all of that laundry. Oh, and research. More and more research.
But today and tomorrow I am going to take some time for me. “Me time” (for this weekend) involves:
– Trip to Sephora! I have been wanting to go for so long. I’m going to pick up some eyeliner and eyeshadow. That’s IT (okay, maybe some lipstick).
– Getting my eyebrows done. They need to be waxed in the worst way. And after I get them waxed I am VOWING to keep them tweezed. I don’t even care that I hate doing it, or that I’m no good at tweezing. I WILL LEARN. Gone are the days of my caterpillar eyebrows. I am 29 years old, dammit. I can do this.
– Buying the last pieces for my Rosie costume. I just need a blue oxford and a pair of black flats. Hell, I need the black flats just for ME (I have no flat shoes, today I’m struggling in my nude wedges). I also have to make the Westinghouse pin she wears on her lapel. NBD, again.
– Paper writing. You knew it was coming. But really? It’s a good distraction from the other things that I have going on in my life. The ones I don’t want to think about.
– Knitting. I wound some beautiful yarn for another Citron shawl yesterday. I finished one a few weeks ago (sort of — I botched the stupid ruffle at the bottom and I ran out of yarn), and it isn’t blocked yet. I want to try it again with the laceweight yarn it actually requires (I used sock weight last time). I have Dream in Color Wisp in the daylily shade. Which is actually a lot more pale green and pale pink than it is on that website. Hopefully 550 yards will be enough this time!
That’s pretty much it. Hopefully, this weekend will go better than anticipated 🙂