For 2013, I’m going to have a Friday post every single week, for positive victories in my life. They may not be big things, but they will be things that I am proud of, things I did in the past seven days. I’m hoping this will keep me focused on the positive, all the good things that are going on in my life.
– Told my boss that I was getting divorced and planning on applying for an annulment. This may not seem like a big thing, but it definitely was.
– Finalized payment schedule and plans for buying my dad’s car (should be happening after he gets back from Florida next weekend).
– Made it through my first Valentine’s Day single since 2008 (yes, I’m considering this a victory, and I think anyone else who is getting divorced or is divorced would understand).
– Found my class ring from Salve Regina University — it had been lost for the better part of two years.
– Applied for a trainee position at Wildfire Retreat in August! This will be my fourth Wildfire, and I’m really hoping I get the position…I think volunteering will be a lot of fun and really good for me to concentrate on.
That’s pretty much it for little victories.
I spent the rest of my evening last night at my friend Jess’s house…she made beef Wellington and some delicious potatoes and we watched stupid movies and laughed a lot. I got my Partylite stuff in from her party on Super Bowl Sunday. I didn’t spend a ton because I really didn’t have a lot of money to spend that weekend, but here’s what I got:
A tealight holder shaped like a little bird (I love birds):
A GloLight pillar candle in “Apple Blossom”:
And a set of tealights in “Calm” (lavender/rosemary-scented):
Christina’s hosting another party this week. I’m already looking at new stuff.
This weekend, I’m going to see my friend Jackie tomorrow (we’re going to go to Sephora and do some major damage), and then (hopefully, if it doesn’t snow) to my friend Leanne’s birthday party Saturday night. Sunday my dad leaves for Florida for a week. And Monday I’m going to dinner with my high school friend (and senior prom date) Rob.
Have a good weekend and a happy Friday, everyone!