It’s a Friday, and I don’t really have enough going on to do a really sequential, in-depth entry, but I have the itch to write, so you get bullets.
- Twenty-four hours from now, I will be the somewhat-proud, completely-nervous renter of my first solo apartment since that month I lived alone when I was 24 years old. I went over there last night and began preliminary organization/assessment of space and what I need. I also went to Target and bought a whole bunch of boring necessary things (like wastebaskets and a dish drying mat. No matter what my mother says, I do not need a $17 toilet paper roll holder. Ridiculous. Those things can sit in the tiny cabinet in the bathroom. Or on the back of the toilet for all I care. (Yet I can totally justify a $12 cosmetics organizer. Priorities, people!)
- The douchebag who moved in above us has finally cured my last little bit of sadness over leaving my apartment (other than, you know, missing my husband and his cat), when he decided to obnoxiously let his alarm clock go off six times this morning between the hours of 4:20 AM and 6:30 AM. I hate him. Sincerely. His roommate works with David, and I hear he is a really nice guy, but this douchebag sloth can DIAF. I didn’t say anything because I’m leaving tomorrow and there doesn’t seem a point in making enemies when you have 24 hours to spend with these people.
- I’m moving out tomorrow, but spending my first night there on Sunday, since I’m going to an “old people sleepover” on Saturday night. Do I think this is a good plan? Um, yes. We’re going to eat comfort food and watch Netflix and knit and stay up late. I am immensely looking forward to it. I think it’s pretty much exactly what I need this weekend. And I must make my mac and cheese to bring up to it. This is critical.
- I’m really glad that the move coincides with the busiest, most fun weeks of November. Monday is the only day that I have nothing planned besides work and I really think I will be okay. Tuesday I have my paper conference and tea with my good friend Jim. Wednesday is the annual day my mom, sister and I kick off the holiday season by playing Christmas music while baking our Thanksgiving pies. Thursday is, of course, Thanksgiving. Friday is recuperating (I don’t “do” Black Friday) and Saturday is Drea and Sam’s annual “Friendsgiving” or “Thanksgiving the Second” or whatever they call it. So it will be a nice, busy, occupied week, and hopefully I won’t be too weepy or miss my therapist, Crazy Bruce, too much.
- Due to the aforementioned douchebaggery this morning, I woke up extremely overtired, with puffy eyes. Because I am a sucker for samples, I decided to use the tiny packet of Clinique Even Better Eyes Dark Circle Corrector this morning. HOLY SHIT does that stuff work! My eyes looked bright and alert and de-puffed afterward. Sold. Except for the part where I looked up how much it cost online for the real thing. $39.50. THIS IS WHY YOU ARE SNEAKY, SEPHORA. You get in with your samples and make people fall in love with your stuff. I can’t justify $39.50 right now. Period.
- I have to go through Ravelry and pick out presents for my friends for Christmas. Yes, I knit them stuff. They appreciate it, being knitters themselves. I have a lot to organize!
That’s pretty much it. I wish I had a more scintillating, cohesive journal entry for today, but that’s kind of where I’m at right now. I’ll probably have more later this weekend when stuff is moved in and I’m done sorting it all out.
Peace and all that.