One paper down, one to go!
(Granted, this one is bigger, and more important, but it’s already finished except for the revisions, which I NEED TO WORK ON)
I don’t have that much to write about, so we’ll do bullets.
– Adult cooking. I discovered potato gnocchi and holy hell, my life will never be the same. DELICIOUS. I boiled them for 2 minutes, then tossed them in melted butter and roasted garlic, sprinkled them with Parmesan cheese, and had grilled chicken with Montreal seasonings on the side. OH MA GA. New favorite meal ever! I seriously can’t get enough, and I’m going to gain like 10 lbs.
This is my REALLY PROFESSIONAL picture (i.e. taken with my Samsung Stratosphere) of my dinner from two nights ago.
Could seriously eat it any day of the week.
– School is so close to being done! At some point I have to do the aforementioned edits, but I am getting so close! There is a bottle of moscato in my fridge AS I TYPE THIS, waiting for December 18th and the end of the semester.
– Snow. Look, white crap. We’re scheduled for an unwelcome visit from you and I DAGF how many New Englanders sing “I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas”, as far as I am concerned YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE at least until December 23rd. This Christmas is going to be difficult enough. Snow before or on December 22nd means that my grandparents will more than likely cancel their flight and won’t be in on Christmas, and…yeah. I just can’t do that. Please. This year has been sucktastic enough. The promise of the entire family being here for Christmas was the thing that was keeping my Christmas spirit going. Please please please please don’t come next weekend. Please.
The 10 day forecast says that we only have a 10% chance of snow on the 22nd. Please stay that way. (I feel like I can’t stress this enough)
– Shopping. I am ALMOST done! A couple of friend presents and putting together the finishing touches on my last family presents, and then I’m set! Pretty happy with what I put together this year.
I also got my package from Sephora yesterday! Because of the Beauty Insider $15 off a $50 purchase, I was able to justify picking up Clinique Even Better Eyes Dark Circle Corrector (I got a sample in my It Kit a month ago and after squeezing the last little bit out of it, realized that I can’t live without it) and the Sephora Collection Smoothing Translucent Setting Powder.
My only complaint about this is the packaging, not the product. This is TINY. You’d think I wouldn’t be such a moron about reading the amount in the packaging, but I am. For almost $40, this should be a much bigger product. The good thing is that a SAMPLE of it lasted me a month, so this should last me quite a bit longer. It’s amazing the difference. I don’t usually get massive dark circles but a lack of sleep (and let’s be honest, crying in the last few weeks) has wreaked havoc on my eyes, leaving them dark and puffy. A tiny little dab of this stuff (applied with the ice-cold metal applicator) de-puffs and lightens my undereye circles. It’s brilliant. (Rating: 8/10, mainly because of the package)
The powder was a gamble because I’ve been having issues matching face powders to my incredibly pale skin (increasing since my already-less-than-impressive “summer tan” has faded). I decided to take a chance on the translucent powder because it was supposed to just matte-ify my face, not put color into it, and figured I’d compensate with blush. Well, this is a winner! It matte-ifies my face, seals my makeup, and doesn’t make me look like I’m wearing a mask. Bonus: the container is BRILLIANT. When you pop the lid open, it allows just a small amount of powder free into the top level for brushing. If you need a little more, close the container, turn it upside down and then back up, and re-open, to replenish the powder. Love it! (Rating: 10/10!)
– Knitting. I have two projects that DEFINITELY need to be finished, one for this weekend, and two for next Friday. I have one more that I MIGHT do for actual Christmas, but we’ll see, since it’s not a big deal if it isn’t done, I have other gifts for the recipient. We’ll see! I’m going to Knit Night tonight and hopefully I’ll bang out the last few rows of the one I’m working on for Saturday!
And I think that’s all the news that’s fit to print. We’ll see how the weekend pans out!