For 2013, I’m going to have a Friday post every single week, for positive victories in my life. They may not be big things, but they will be things that I am proud of, things I did in the past seven days. I’m hoping this will keep me focused on the positive, all the good things that are going on in my life.
– Had my first meeting with my thesis instructor and got the all-clear to start research on my capstone paper. First assignment is an 817-page history book that I affectionately refer to as The Behemoth. I am on page 85.
– Went out for dinner with Samantha and Aly and dished about boys, marriage, and the future…certainly felt more optimistic and happier about being single again after that talk, and we made plans to meet up for drinks this upcoming week!
– Ran into Marissa from Sephora again, who (sadly) told me that she was laid off after the holiday season. But we have each other’s email addresses and we’re friending each other on FB. She’s going to try to work for MAC, or another cosmetics department, so I hope I’ll see her again soon at the mall.
– Found the L’Occitane Rose 4 Reines hand cream that I described in this entry, and realized after applying it that this is the personal scent I’ve been looking for for years, it just screams me and makes me feel so girly and pretty and at peace. I’ve been scent-less since I gave up wearing the B&BW Black Currant Vanilla that I wore on my wedding day (my olfactory senses are very tied to my memories), so finding something new to wear that just makes me KNOW it’s me was a nice little perk to buying a hand cream for my chapped skin.
– Made it through the horrific cold this week with pipes (thankfully) still intact, due to the efforts of my father (my landlord) yesterday. With any luck, the cold is going to break today and everything will be all right *fingers crossed*.
– Seriously — SERIOUSLY — contemplated signing up for a study-abroad course in June. I need to go over my finances and see if I can swing it, but for now, it’s a beautiful, glittery dream that’s keeping me going.
Items put in my 2013 jar: 2.
TGIF! Have a great weekend!