Welp, we haven’t done one of these in a while!
– Reached 75 pages on my thesis. Over halfway there, with about 45 pages to go before the chapters are completed! I can do this!
– Finished the rough draft of Book II of “Fallen Beyond Salvation”. Guys, I am so in love with this book series. You don’t even understand.
– Started hard editing Book I. Editing SUCKS. I’ll tell you that for free. I get myself through it by telling myself, over and over again, that it will be worth it, that after the hard edits are done, I can send it off to beta readers and we can actually START getting feedback. I’m nervous as hell, but hopefully it will go well.
– Completed NaNoWriMo! This is something I’ve wanted to do since I first heard of it in 2006, and I managed to do it! I hit 50,000 words yesterday. So very happy with that.
– ALMOST finished a baby hat for a shower I’m going to tomorrow.
I’ve done pretty well this week, guys! I’m getting stuff done, and I’m making myself happy. And as a nice change from the last, oh, month or so, I’m sleeping a lot more and drinking less coffee. That realization, a few weeks ago, from Dr. LW, that I was not going to finish my thesis by December (and that it was insane of me to ever think that I would) was really a wake-up call that I could not keep putting myself through this. I needed to slow down, try to enjoy life and take care of myself a little better. Fortunately, I’m learning, and it’s getting a little easier. I’m going to be great. Gonna get it all done, balance everything in my life, hit every deadline, and make it all happen.
I’ve got this. In the end, my grandfather was right. 2013 was my year.