For 2013, I’m going to have a Friday post every single week, for positive victories in my life. They may not be big things, but they will be things that I am proud of, things I did in the past seven days. I’m hoping this will keep me focused on the positive, all the good things that are going on in my life.
(It is blowing my mind that we are almost to the mid-point of the year)
– MOVED. That seems like a massive victory, not a little one, but damn I am proud of it. I now have my new place, in a bigger, brighter apartment, closer to graduate school and my friends. And I couldn’t be happier with it (well, that’s a little bit of a lie. I would be if we had a washer and dryer that were completely plugged in — landlord is coming this weekend to check and make sure there are no leaks — and doorknobs that weren’t loose). But still. Power is on, cable is on, move is all but finished! Pictures hopefully after this weekend. We’re almost done unpacking!
– Finished my last two papers for Dr. S and submitted them. This means that I…
– More than likely finished my last class for my Master’s work! As long as I get an A- or higher in Dr. S’s class, I should be golden for being finished with my graduate studies classes. All I should have left is thesis in the fall…but I won’t find out for an undetermined amount of time whether or not my prospectus has been accepted. (Which reminds me…must finish prospectus edits this weekend…)
– Successfully convinced my friend Drea to buy a ticket to June Wildfire!
– After a week of inactivity (well, of gym absences, since, as my mom puts it, I was working my ass off carrying furniture and boxes up and down flights of stairs), I went to the gym on Thursday and completed Week 3 of C25K. I think I am ready for Week 4, Day 1, but we’ll see tomorrow. If it’s too difficult, I’ll redo Week 3, Day 3. Slow and steady. I am determined to do this!
On tap for the weekend: finishing my final paper for the semester, gym, meeting up with Drea for knitting and a little introduction to spinning (if the weather cooperates, which I doubt it will). Then Mothers’ Day on Sunday — church, lunch with Mom, and then volunteering for work in the evening).
I think next week I might just take the whole week off to relax. This has been a crazy busy month, and it isn’t even half over yet!