For 2013, I’m going to have a Friday post every single week, for positive victories in my life. They may not be big things, but they will be things that I am proud of, things I did in the past seven days. I’m hoping this will keep me focused on the positive, all the good things that are going on in my life.
– Finished the rough draft of my Master’s thesis prospectus! Twenty-two pages, and granted, it’s a rough draft, but it’s DONE. And done earlier than my professor expected it to be. Dr. LW was a little surprised, but seemed pleased, when I put it on her desk. I should get the suggestions for revision sometime within the next few days. Fingers crossed!
– Finished my term paper for Dr. S’s class. Clocking in at a grand total of 28 pages (counting the title page and bibliography, so really only 26 pages of writing), it definitely was the major hump of the semester. But it’s finished now, and there are only two papers (and the revisions for my prospectus) left! So it looks like the semester is all downhill from here. Let’s hope!
– Began Couch to 5K last week.
Friday, April 19 – Week 1, Day 1
Saturday, April 20 – Week 1, Day 2
Monday, April 22 – Week 1, Day 3
Wednesday, April 24 – Week 2, Day 1
And I feel really good about it! I had to get some new sneakers because my old ones (purchased in 2009) were shot to hell. I was going to just grab a cheap pair at Bob’s Stores, but when I went there, I wasn’t totally satisfied with the comfort of the less expensive shoes. Then I slipped on a pair of the $49 Asics…and you know that moment that women claim to have when they buy their perfect wedding dress? I had that moment with those shoes. They were just right. I didn’t mind paying the extra. They were pretty much exactly what I was looking for. I wore them all afternoon and evening last night, so hopefully when I hit the gym this afternoon for Week 2, Day 2, they’ll be somewhat broken in. (I also bought a sports bra. It was completely necessary. My 38 DDD girls were not comfortable running in underwire)
– Had my last counseling session with D and DS. I have to say it was bittersweet. I will miss DS, but I don’t think I’ll miss the sessions, the rawness, the pain. We are two months and two weeks away from our divorce date, and I think we’re good from here on out.
– Started getting my preliminary plans in place for the move, which will hopefully take place next weekend, May 4-5! I can’t wait!
I’m finding it hard to believe that I’m one week away from moving, two weeks away from the end of the semester, and five weeks away from Wildfire! I just…I can’t wrap my brain around it. Seriously excited on a lot of fronts. There are so many good things coming up right now, it’s difficult not to get caught up in the excitement.
Have a wonderful weekend! My plans, you ask? Gym this afternoon, then Knit Night at Drea’s. Tomorrow…calling my grandparents in Florida, cleaning my apartment, tackling those two papers! Sunday, Ikea with Samantha, and then up to Massachusetts for Tina’s Partylite/Cinco de Mayo party. I can’t wait. This weekend’s going to be a blast.
I said last night on Facebook, something that I haven’t felt was true up until now.