For 2013, I’m going to have a Friday post every single week, for positive victories in my life. They may not be big things, but they will be things that I am proud of, things I did in the past seven days. I’m hoping this will keep me focused on the positive, all the good things that are going on in my life.
– The biggest thing, the most bittersweet thing, obviously, is that I filed for divorce. It is by no means a “happy” victory, but getting over my terror of filing and what would happen afterwards was a huge step.
– Finished (and reviewed) A World On Fire.
– Reconnected with friends I hadn’t seen in quite a while — I went to Worcester on Saturday to see Jackie, Pomfret on Saturday night to see Leanne and Mandy and other college friends, and Bridgeport on Monday to see Rob. I also spent most of Wednesday talking to my friend Lyndsey online, about writing, history, and the like.
– I finally came clean to my thesis adviser, Dr. LW, that I was getting a divorce. And though I had been dreading this for some time…it actually went okay.
– Bought a new (to me) car! And because my camera is being a whore, this is what it looks like (this is not my car, I stole this image from someone else):
Things added to my 2013 jar: Two.
Have a happy Friday and a great weekend!