For 2013, I’m going to have a Friday post every single week, for positive victories in my life. They may not be big things, but they will be things that I am proud of, things I did in the past seven days. I’m hoping this will keep me focused on the positive, all the good things that are going on in my life.
– Had a good counseling session with David and DS on Monday, followed by a really good dinner out at 99. I ordered the barbecue chicken wrap, no tomatoes. And tried not to watch SportsCenter behind David’s head. (Unbelievable. Ten years ago, I was the person getting pissed at my boyfriends for doing the exact same thing. Look at my life. Look at my choices.)
– Went to Sephora at my local mall on Tuesday afternoon, made a new friend and scored $120 worth of makeup for only $45, thanks to gift cards!
– Good session with Crazy Bruce on Wednesday afternoon, not exactly productive, but he did what he does best and helped me put things into perspective, which sometimes is my biggest challenge.
– Got about 1/4 of the way through World Without End, the sequel to one of my favorite books, The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. It’s pretty good, but it’s not sucking me in like Pillars did, and I’m not feeling the same love for the characters that I did with Pillars. Most of the characters are pretty flawed creatures, which is one of the reasons why I love Follett; he doesn’t write cardboard-cutout, flat characters. Reminds me a lot of G.R.R. Martin. But that’s a story for another day.
– My mom actually acknowledged my anxiety disorder for the first time since I was diagnosed in 2006, and told me that she thinks I’m doing a good job of dealing with it (i.e. going to therapy and taking medication). I’m taking that as a victory, no matter how small or how long it took her to get to that point.
Well. In a week where I felt very convoluted, went to a wake, cried a lot, and felt fragile, there was an awful lot of good!
Items added to my 2013 jar: 2
Not too shabby! Here’s to a good Week 3!